Thursday, April 26, 2012

Why My Third Husband Will Be a Dog by Lisa Scottoline (Book)

Why My Third Husband Will Be a Dog by Lisa Scottoline (Book)

First off... thanks so much to Maureen for recommending this book... you were SO right! (also, I will find out if she's a good enough friend to read my reviews ;)

Why My Third Husband Will Be A Dog consists of a series of short newspaper-column-sized chapters about a myriad of auto-biographical topics... in fact, I think they are actually pulled from a column she does for the The Philadelphia Inquirer called Chick Wit.

Since I don't live in Philadelphia, I don't have access to this newspaper... ok, I probably do nowadays with the interwebs and all, but that's not really the point...

Here are a few reasons I LOVED this book:

(1) Short Chapters - If you're like me, you love a book with really short chapters... those are my favorite... it makes me feel really accomplished to say I read 50 chapters... it just sounds impressive... until somebody points out that the chapters are like a page and a half long... two at the most... whatever.

(2) Elicits Laughter (and/or Tears) - I found myself laughing out loud during most of the chapters... and I even caught myself crying during a few... while sitting in Starbucks... without a tissue... thanks, Lisa Scottoline.

(3) I Could Totally Identify - While she's a bit older than me, I found that there were many things I had in common with her, which I suppose made the book all the better to me... it was like she got me... although she clearly would rather get George Clooney... which I totally get.

My Recommendation:  Read this book.  Especially if you are a woman; a mother; have teenagers (or beyond); have ever tried to wear Spanx; whether or not you have a Thing One and/or a Thing Two; if you like dogs; and even if you like cats; if the adorable pup-in-a-cup on the cover seriously melts your heart... i mean it... how cute is that dog?

MB, I just gave the book to Dana the other day... have her pass it on to you when she's done... unless you've already read it... then have her pass it back to me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment