Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Jack and Jill (Movie)

Jack and Jill (Movie)

So, yep... I know everything else I've "reviewed" has resulted in a RAVE, but, not to worry... there's stuff I don't like too...

The first example?  Adam Sandler's Jack and Jill.  I should've listened to my gut on this one... at no time when it was being advertised ad nauseum did I ever think I would watch it... and then it came out on DVD... and I actually heard several people say that they were surprised by this movie, that it was actually funny!  Um, no... those people were wrong.  This movie is just as stupid and not funny as you would expect... at least that was my assessment after the first grueling 20 minutes, which is all of my life I could stand to waste on this...

That being said, I generally like Adam Sandler movies... in fact, a few of his movies are on my all-time favorites list... Big Daddy, Wedding Singer, and 50 First Dates, to name a few... so this isn't just an "I hate all Adam Sandler movies!" thing... but Jack and Jill?

My Recommendation:  Don't waste your money on it... and if you have a chance to watch it for free, don't waste your time, either... there are many other productive things you could be doing... like sitting on the sofa and staring at a blank TV screen... reciting the nursery rhyme over and over in your head... wondering to yourself why those two knuckleheads were going UP a hill to find water...

No comments:

Post a Comment