Sunday, April 8, 2012

Titanic 3D (Movie)

Titanic 3D (Movie)

So yeah... when this movie was released in 1997 I went to see it (in regular D) a total of 13 times... that is not an exaggeration.  This is quite certainly one of my all-time favorite movies of all-time (yep, I said "all-time" twice in one sentence... and I mean it.)  Seriously... something in my brain snapped... I was totally there... on that fated ship... in some other lifetime... yes, I'm certifiable... and I'm ok with that...  I can't even count how many times I've watched it on DVD... double-digits for sure...

So when I heard it was gonna be back in the theaters... I peed my pants... literally... I didn't really care about the 3D, but I guess when a movie is celebrating the 100 year anniversary (deathiversary?) of a horrific shipwreck that killed 1500ish people, it's pretty much the law to make it in 3D.

It was a total event going to see it again in the theater... on that giant screen... Jack and Rose... Never Let Go... and all that jazz... I cried... and then I cried some more... wiping my tears with the harsh movie theater napkins under the lenses of my fake gold plated signature Titanic 3D 3D glasses... oh yeah... It was spectacular.

My recommendation:  If you LOVE this movie... go see it again, at least one more time, on the big screen... the 3D doesn't add much, but it IS worth seeing in a theater again... and if you hold great disdain for this movie... then don't go see it.

Oh, and I plan to go see it at least one more time while it's in the theaters... on April 15, 2012... exactly 100 years after the Titanic tragedy...  (update:  challenge accepted and executed!  This time we didn't get any fancy pants 3D glasses - just boring regular ones, but we DID get a cool Boarding Pass!)




Thank you James Cameron for reminding me where I was a hundred years ago... and why I never ever ever ever wanna go on a cruise ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment