Saturday, April 14, 2012

Espresso Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies (Food)

I found this recipe on Pinterest...  and since Shortbread is one of my favorite kinda cookies, I thought to meself... how can I go wrong adding ESPRESSO and CHOCOLATE to SHORTBREAD?  How, I ask??

Well, the fact of the matter is, I can't...

I made mine with mini chocolate chips and did NOT dust them with confectioner's sugar (that just didn't even sound good to me.)

And I did NOT get a ruler out and measure either... I winged it (or wung it... or whatever...)

I think my favorite part (besides eating about 16 of them in a half-hour period) was rolling the dough out INSIDE a gallon freezer bag... brilliant!  I typically don't make recipes that call for rolling out dough, because stuff always gets stuck to the roller and annoys me (and I try to avoid things that annoy me... like ironing...) but inside a freezer bag?  That was awesome on a whole 'nother level!

Also, it took me three baking sheets, which I baked one at a time, but I probably could've fit them all on two sheets because they didn't spread at all... which is a good thing to know when you're placing cookies on a baking sheet...

Anyhoo, my batch made exactly 48 cookies... and I'm pretty sure there are less than 20 left at this point... and it hasn't even been 24 hours... soooo...

My Recommendation:  Make these cookies... eat them all... and enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment