Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins (Book 3 of The Hunger Games Trilogy)

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins (Book 3 of The Hunger Games Trilogy)

I FINALLY finished Book 3 (and thus the entire trilogy) of The Hunger Games Trilogy last night, Mockingjay...

The first half was really good... but when all the "going to capture the Capitol and kill Snow" stuff was going on, I admit I had a REALLY hard time getting into it... that said, I have to agree with my amazing hairchick, Trina, that the whole war part will be really cool in movie form... but I seriously just skimmed over all the fighting enough to know who died and who didn't... which honestly went on for the majority of the last half of the book... I won't spoil it for anyone, but suffice it to say that you don't really know how it ends until the one-and-a-half-page epilogue...

Ok... so I'm feeling especially accomplished now having finished an entire trilogy... even though they were super easy reads... but also pretty fun and entertaining... yay me.

My Recommendation:  If you've read the other two books, it seems a shame not to complete the series, but this was my least favorite of the three...

No comments:

Post a Comment